I am a rose

"I am a rose; I am a lily". . . Song of Solomon 2:1
describes how the bridegroom views his bride.
My journey of reconciliation to God and acceptance
of His truth about me has brought me to rejoicing
in this declaration. I AM His rose and His lily.
I am lovely in His eyes to the point of Jesus sacrificing
everything so my sin would not keep us apart.
I am a delightful rose. . . and I am thankful.

Delightful Rose





Friday, June 11, 2010

Vacation

We finally made it to a winery on our last day in Missouri.  It was very warm, but a breeze helped as we sat on the deck at Montelle Winery out of Augusta, MO.  As we ate lunch there, we observed a lot of tipsy young women.  It was 1 p.m. on a Sat.  Some of them were in pretty bad shape.  I've been there so I know all about the process including the hangover and embarrassment afterwards.  I haven't been around drunk people for a long time.  I didn't expect to see so many at a winery mid-day.  They just wanted some fun.  I get that.  But I couldn't help but think of what God says -- be drunk with His Holy Spirit, not wine.  There's no shame or hangover or ugly consequences, just joy and all those other fruits. 

No comments:

Soar

Soar
Isaiah 40:30-31