I am a rose

"I am a rose; I am a lily". . . Song of Solomon 2:1
describes how the bridegroom views his bride.
My journey of reconciliation to God and acceptance
of His truth about me has brought me to rejoicing
in this declaration. I AM His rose and His lily.
I am lovely in His eyes to the point of Jesus sacrificing
everything so my sin would not keep us apart.
I am a delightful rose. . . and I am thankful.

Delightful Rose





Thursday, June 17, 2010

A thought provoking scripture

God's written word is not only living, it is on fire and its heat catches us offguard at times. This was the case for me about 3 days ago as I picked up a book that was talking about prophecy. It cited the example of Samuel with this one verse. Listen -- "The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of his words fall to the ground." I Sam. 3:19 So, we know Samuel's mom Hannah vowed to let God have her son if only God would favor her with one as she endured the heartache of childlessness. She turned Samuel over to the priest Eli when he was a whopping 3 yrs old. Samuel benefited from Eli's parenting even though Eli's biological sons were bad news. Samuel was called by God to be His messenger, a prophet whose track record is referred to in this one verse. God granted such a good ear to Samuel that "none of his words fell to the ground". They were all reliable and true messages. I've been pondering this verse for 3 days now. I am in awe of how rich such a few words are. I'm thinking about how important the obedience of an individual is to God's plan. I'm thinking about God's truth never falling to the ground even in the "hands" of us mere mortals. Good stuff . . .

No comments:

Soar

Soar
Isaiah 40:30-31