I am a rose

"I am a rose; I am a lily". . . Song of Solomon 2:1
describes how the bridegroom views his bride.
My journey of reconciliation to God and acceptance
of His truth about me has brought me to rejoicing
in this declaration. I AM His rose and His lily.
I am lovely in His eyes to the point of Jesus sacrificing
everything so my sin would not keep us apart.
I am a delightful rose. . . and I am thankful.

Delightful Rose





Friday, March 19, 2010

Enjoying the joy of others


Yesterday I was surprised with an unexpected visit with a very special friend of mine, Sandy.  She is the epitome of everything you would want in a friend.  She can switch from silly to serious in one sentence so chatting and laughter are as much a part of being with her as talking about the deep things of life with or without accompanying tears.  She would tell you anything positive about her as a person is credited to her Creator.  I know what she means, but not every person is so obviously full of Jesus.  I love her.  As we talked yesterday, she lit up as she told me she now works Saturdays in a quilt shop.  She has made several quilts even though she spends the majority of her time caring for her two grandsons as her daughter Debbie goes to school and works.  My heart is so full of joy that she is loving her quilting.  I can just imagine her enjoying it as much as I do.  There's something else so special about Sandy.  She chose to call me and go out for coffee instead of going to the quilt shop in Ankeny which was her original plan.  A lovely spring day shared with Sandy - such joy.

No comments:

Soar

Soar
Isaiah 40:30-31